I am a Board-certified, Adult Nurse Practitioner/Prescriber, with more than 30 years of varied nursing experiences. Most of my nursing career has focused on specialized practices, with a majority 20+ years caring for men and women with Urologic conditions. I am dedicated to providing quality holistic care using an individualized approach by acknowledging and addressing a patient’s physiological, psychological, social, spiritual and culture needs.
The ever-changing world of healthcare portrays patient centered care, even though office visits are hurried, with diminished quality provider time. Care has become more fragmented, frequently leaving patients frustrated and unheard, especially those with long standing, complex conditions. A majority of patients realize, their care should be more than a diagnosis and prescription. Many are looking for a better understanding of how-to care for, maintain and balance their conditions.
Now more than ever, it is essential patients are heard. They need to share THEIR story. This helps reveal pieces of the puzzle, which can allow us to uncover the root cause of their symptoms - and work toward solutions and prevention. A holistic approach focuses on the whole person highlighting: Awareness, education, planning, empowerment and emotional support. I believe these are essential pieces for optimal well-being and urologic health.
Thus far, during my nursing career I have had tremendous experiences I would not change - since they have guided me on a transformational journey both personally and professionally. It has ultimately led me to where I am today. My very own Urologic Health/Pelvic Pain Practice!
- Board certified, Adult Nurse Practitioner/Nurse Prescriber (ANP-BC, APNP) - (2008)
- Masters of Science in Nursing – MSN (2007)
- Bachelor of Science of Nursing – BSN (2004)
- Associate Degree in Nursing – ADN (1991)
VARIED SPECIALITY PRACTICES:
- Urology NP (12/2018 - 01/2022) Mayo Clinic Healthcare System – Eau Claire, WI
- Traveling NP (08/2017 - 11/2018) Medicare Home Assessments
- Integrative/Functional Medicine NP (2015 – 2017)
- NP owned practice
- Holistic care/individualized approach
- Urology NP (02/2015 – 06/2015) Physician Owned Urology Practice
- Time limits, not holistically focused, 60+ hours/week
- Integrative/Functional Medicine NP (2014 – 2015) Acupuncture office
- Hired to establish NP led program
- Intrigued with Functional Medicine
- General/Vascular Surgery NP (2012 – 2014)
- Established - Urologic Pain/Pelvic Floor Disorder Center (07/2011 - 05/2012)
- Within Urology department of multi-specialty clinic
- Utilized group visits
- Adjunct Clinical Practicum Instructor (MSN Program) - Marian College of Nursing (2011-2012)
- Locum Urology NP (2011-2012) - Several Urology practices
- Urology NP (2008-2011) and Urology RN (1999-2007) - Multi-Specialty Clinic
Kubsch, S., S. M., Hankerson, C., & Wichowski, H. (2008). Holistic Interventions Protocol for Interstitial Cystitis Symptom Control: A Case Study. Holistic Nursing Practice, 22 (4), 183-190.
Linton, S. M. (2007). The Lived Experience of Women with Interstitial Cystitis. Master’s Thesis, Marian College School of Nursing, Fond du Lac, Wisconsin.
PROFESSIONAL INTERESTS/EXTENDED TRAINING:
- Interstitial Cystitis/Bladder Pain Syndrome
- Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Vulvodynia, Dyspareunia
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Bladder Health/Overactive Bladder
- Frequent Urinary Tract Infections (UTI's)
- Wellness/Preventative Health
- Complementary/Alternative Practices
- Holistic/Integrative and Functional Medicine Practices
- Nutritional Wellness, Support and Supplementation
- Institute of Functional Medicine Advanced Practice Module: Restoring Gastrointestinal Equilibrium (October 2016)
Suzanne M. Linton, ANP-BC, APNP
Call or text: 715-502-2898
Wise Minded Wellness
1970 Northwestern Ave. N
Stillwater, MN 55082
Schedule a FREE Introductory Consult Here